Friday 13 July 2012

Olympic Torch through Bridport, Dorset

The Olympic torch passed through my hometown of Bridport, Dorset on Thursday 12th July, 2012, a soaking wet rainy day. I was actually on shift at my work at The Stable (http://thestabledorset.co.uk/), but was allowed out for 10 minutes to photograph as the Torch came through.
I ran out with my d7000, and tried to very quickly run up and down the street looking for some images. The light was horrible, it was so dark, the rain was so hard and kept covering my lens, and then any lights (from the police cars) just glared out in the images. Safe to say I was not Prepared.

These are 5 Images from the day. I really don't like these, and they arn't a touch on the ones I shot in Falmouth, but that goes to show how much preparation for an event comes through.
I particulary don't like the 4th Image down because of the lighting, however I could imagine this frame being perfect had it been a nice sunny day and I captured the light correctly. So I put it up here anyway as a reminder of the mistakes I still make.

All Images taken along South Street, Bridport, 12th July 2012.








No comments:

Post a Comment